Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Holga


I have it, I finally have one! I finally have an over priced junky toy camera that I will have to ghetto rig with duct tape and cotton balls, but it’s mine.

Having been photo major, I’ve had the opportunity to work with a variety of photography equipment and cameras. One of which was the Holga. I fell in love with its poor construction and termer mental ways. You don’t use a Holga for perfection. Ooooh no, you use to see how everything came out, (if it did come out) and for experimentation, and light leaks, and overlapping of exposures…. and because you look funny using it.

Sadly, being of the “digital” generation, you can’t find film at just any corner store like back in the old days (and by old days, I’m referring to 1997). But I will strive to find the correct 35 mm and medium format film. Through out my year of posting photographs through out the city or wherever I may be visiting, I will now be carrying my lightweight friend with me to capture the unique world around me. I’m excited to test this baby on the high mountains of Colorado of which I am currently headed to as we speak. Yes, a weekend with awesome friends and a piece of plastic that take photos… this is the life.

Side note: the flight attendant just told us that the bathrooms are currently not working, and to use them in dire emergency, and in a pleasant nature… ha! That’s what I like to hear when I’m on a plane…. Awesome.

So my readers (mom) get excited for some Holga action!

No comments:

Post a Comment